Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Crazy Day

Okay so today was Jay's birthday. Aren't birthday's supposed to be wonderful and happy and everything goes right................WRONG!
Jay had a pretty good day, he's such a good sport; me on the other hand had a pretty rough day.
It all started at 3am when Owen woke up and was hungry. I fed him and was surprised that he fell right back asleep. So I was excited to go back to sleep myself, well that didn't happen.
Jenna woke up and said she felt sick. After a few times of putting her back in bed, I found out that she was just hungry. I fed her some food and put her back to bed.
After a couple of minutes she was back in my room and was cuddling with me in bed (I can't resist a cuddly child).
Laying on me and laying beside me, I don't think either one of us had much sleep.
Then Owen woke to eat again and Brody came into our room.
Well the day just started a little too early for me.
Finally I got up to make Jay some pancakes. We had a good breakfast.
The kids were excited to give Jay their present. They had picked out a Alien Creating Set. I think you can make little aliens out of some kind of goo and put them in molds and then play with them. Jenna thought Jay would like it. I think really she wanted to play with it, but it will be fun for them to do together.
Then Jay went off to work. I was exhausted all morning.
After lunch I made all the kids have a nap. I needed a shower desperately. Luckily they all slept and I showered, cleaned the living room and made Jay's cake (well not really cake).
I had a couple recipes printed on the same piece of paper and I didn't realize I was making Texas Brownies until I read "spread mixture onto a cookie sheet". I was so confused because I was making a chocolate cake, but really I had been following the directions to make Texas Brownies. Oh well, Jay was getting a brownie cake I guess.
I made the best of my mistake and decorated it like a BlackBerry, because Jay is obsessed with his.
I made supper and then off we went to go bowling as a family, but what I didn't know is that apparently on Thursday's it's League Bowling, so no lanes were open. Woops, I should have checked that first.
So we went to West Ed to go bowling at Ed's, well that didn't work out either. So we ended up walking around and Jay got some cool Japanese things at T&T Market.
(Oh I also forgot my camera on our outing, I always forget something)
We got home and were going to have some of my family over for cake (brownies) and ice cream, but my brother Mike didn't give anyone the message to come over.
So I was sitting waiting for people and no one was coming. I called over to my parents house and luckily some of my family was able to come over and eat with us.
I told Jay that if this had happened on my birthday I would have been crying and also if this would have happened when I was pregnant I would have been crying, luckily none of those pertain, so I didn't cry.
Jay didn't mind all my mix-ups and mistakes, he is one great and wonderful husband.
So Happy Birthday Jay, we will go bowling another time!
I love you.







5 comments:

Christy said...

Oh forgot to mention that all I had for balloons were pink ones. I'm so embarrassed. So sorry Jay, thanks for being patient with me.

brooklyn said...

wow the cake (brownies) look really good. very creative.

Sarah Willett said...

Pink balloons really hehe I bet that was Jay's favorite part. The cake was awesome great job

Lyndsey said...

What a day!! Sorry we didn't hear about coming over for cake - I would have liked to eat some of that blackberry brownie! So cute! I'm glad Jay had a happy birthday and I hope you have some sleep today!
Love you!

FamiLee said...

Christy, so nice to hear from you. I am glad you found my blog. I know those kind of days very well. At least you were all together as a family hey? That is what's important. Happy B-day to Jay. I didn't know you had another baby! Congrats! He is sooo cute! I hope everything is going well for you guys. Keep in touch :)