Saturday, August 22, 2009













So this is my first ever attempt to refinish anything. I think it turned out pretty good. We were given the kitchen table and chairs for free about a year ago. Yes it takes me a long time to get at certain projects. Well finally, thanks to grandparents who take my children away for a few days, I was able to do this.
The sanding was the hardest, to get off all the old paint and stain. Then stained it and put multiple coats of clear lacquer on to make it shine. I got fabric and clear plastic vinyl at the fabric store. Everything cost $30 for the stain and fabric. Super cheap. Well maybe not... when I was bringing the new table into our house (all by myself) it slipped and broke the glass window that is beside our front door. So really this table might have cost me a little more than $30, we'll see how much it costs to fix the glass.
Thanks to my mom for letting me use her driveway for 3 days and putting up with me being there alot and eating her food.
And a special thanks to little Owen for being an angel baby while I was working hard. He honestly was so content the whole time. I love him sooooo much.

No comments: